Wednesday 13 October 2010

Korg Nano

In today's Performance Technology class, we began experimenting with varied controllers along with Max 5 which enabled us to create interesting patches and use the controllers to their full potential. From this, I choses the Korg nanoPad and began experimenting with this along with max MSP.
Korg nanoPad
The Korg nanoPad, is a Midi controller featuring 12 highly responsive trigger pads and additional X-Y touchpad with roll and flam functions for realistic drum programming. USB powered, the nanoPad's X and Y touchpad will send MIDI control change which makes it a useful interface for any parameter when using a software that requires full range MIDI control such as pitch, cutoff, volume etc
The patch below is a working progress and is the result of todays work when I began using the nano Pad along with Max5, as result of this, the patch that I have created assigns each of the 12 trigger pads an individual note through using the note in, strip note and pack objects. As a result of todays work, I feel that I have managed to create a very basic patch that works coincide with the nanoPad however, from this I am going to develop the patch that I have created and use the nanoPad to its full potential.



No comments:

Post a Comment